About the company
As a BNP Paribas subsidiary and a French leader in omnichannel payment solutions, FLOA simplifies consumers' lives through financing solutions, such as its split payment solution, Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), instant loans, consumer loans, credit cards and insurance.
FLOA offers its products through its partners, such as (e-)retailers, FinTechs (bank-as-service model), payment service providers and CMS or directly to end customers.
FLOA is built around 2 commercial brands: ‘FLOA Bank’ for its B2C clients and ‘FLOA Pay’ for its BB partners. FLOA’s products and services distinguish themselves by their ease of use for customers and rapid integration for partners.FLOA currently has more than 300 full time employees supporting 3 million customers and more than 100 partners, and finances more than two billion euros in goods and services each year.
Since February 2022, FLOA has been a part of the BNP Paribas Group, to accelerate its ambitions to become the European leader of split payment solutions.
FLOA is already present in France, its home country, with both FLOA Bank and FLOA Pay products, and currently provides its split payment solution in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Belgium. As FLOA is growing quickly and aims to become the European leader in payment facilities, and intends to reinforce the commercial teams to support the development of this activity.
More information on www.floapay.com
About the job
This position is based in Madrid, Spain.
As a Business Developer, your key role is to be an active player of the increase the company revenue plan relying on the development plan defined by the Business Development Director (BDD) to whom you will report directly. The purpose of the team you will join is to identify profitable business opportunities and develop long term partnerships with B2B partners for our financing solutions for consumer goods. You will support the BDD in his FLOA PAY’s country representative role.
You will have a crucial role in the triple mission of building brand awareness, developing strategic partnerships and ensuring the successful implementation of our solutions with our partners. You will be expected to carry out the following tasks within the parameters of any local policies and procedures:
- Building and feeding the pipeline & CRM.
- Prospecting companies on given sectors, organizing and ensuring meetings with their representatives: Financial Directors, Payment Directors, Marketing Directors, Offer Directors, E-Commerce / Retail Directors and or General Managers; etc
- Formalizing products/offers presentations, involving the adequate Floa’s central sells & technical interlocutors
- Carry out the commercial follow-up including the feeding of the CRM;
- Feed the CRM continuously with customer information, contacts, opportunities and the progress status.
- Attending events and representing Floa Pay in relevant webinars, partners events, product training etc
- Carry out work in accordance with the risks & compliance procedures
- Accompany customers: onboarding, launch and run projects.
- Support existing clients/partners in their success and ensure their satisfaction
- Identify strategic product partnerships on the market and be a driving force to suggest the adaptation or continuous improvement of our solutions on international / local markets
You will be responsible for developing and managing business development and sales activities of FLOA Pay’s BNPL solutions and working closely with FLOA’s central sales team in France and BNP Paribas local teams.
- Simple and flexible hierarchy, in a multi-cultural and open-minded team
- A stimulating work environment that offers continuous personal development and training opportunities through working with international experts in our field
- The opportunity to thrive in a company culture that emphasizes pioneer thinking, client-centricity, career progression, and personal and professional integrity
- Individual onboarding program
FLOA Pay prides itself on its best-in-class talent and startup mindset. Our unique culture is closely linked with the company’s mission and vision – to foster an entrepreneurial work environment that attracts and encourages ‘passionate game-changers.’
On top of this, you will get the support of the extensive network of BNP Paribas in Europe, which will be assisting with generating leads, establishing contacts with B2B partners, and help growing the business in all geographies, securing a deal flow for FLOA.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
To be successful in developing FLOA’s split payment solutions, we expect the Business Developer to have strong commercial, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as leadership and communication skills.
- Proven business development or sales experience in digital transformation, e-commerce, payment solutions or similar in an international context
- Proactivity & customer-oriented & results-oriented
- Excellent comprehensive, problem-solving and sells skills
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to details and persuasion
- Ability to establish and activate networks
- Sense of service and expertise in customer relationship/satisfaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce
- Fluency in English (French is a plus)
This role requires frequent and regular travel within the country and to France (Bordeaux and Paris).